Monday 4 September 2017

Always Be Mine - Part 106

Randhir had to make up some story in order to convince Sanyukta to go along with him to the hospital. It wasn't easy for him to lie to her. Still he had to do it, for her own good. He reached for his mobile and dialed her number. In about a few seconds, she answered "Hey Handsome! My thoughts, so early in the morning? Hmmm, not bad.. Your romantic score is going up by every passing day.." she teased..
"Mornings may stop coming but my love for you will ever remain the same..!" he said, and he meant each and every inch of that line. She seemed so happy to have heard that from him..
"Randhir lagta hai aaj bahut ache mood me ho tum.. Kuch khaas baat?" she said, making her excitement, clearly evident in her tone.
"Haa.. Bahut khaas din hai aaj.. Tumne jo khoya woh tumhe wapas milne wala hai, toh hui na aaj khaas?" he mumbled
"Matlab?" she seemed perplexed..
"Matlab pata chalega kuch hi der me.. Chalo mere saat.. I ll pick you up in 15" having said that, he disconnected the call, not willing to continue anymore.. Not that he couldn't but he didn't want to.. It made her feel more excited. Only if she understood what he actually meant by that.
Sanyukta got ready in no time.. Something kept her feel excited.. Randhir was right there, outside her hostel room in 15 minutes.. He called out for her. She looked outside her window.. There he was, her Randhir, standing tall, in white tshirt and blue jeans. The sight of him, in white, just stopped her breath for a while. He looked dashing, nope, dashing is not the word.. He looked smashingly handsome. She jumped like a little girl and rushed towards her cupboard, pulled a white kurta out of it and quickly squeezed herself into it.. Somehow she felt like matching his attire today and rushed down the stairs. Randhir pulled his phone and dialed "Hmmm we are starting now.. Will reach there within an hour" he said and disconnected the call, before Sanyukta could spot him on phone. 
"Shall we?" he asked her, faintly smiling.. "Yes, we can" she got on his bike and it started, the ride, the one that gave their relationship a different direction when they were on it last time. It wasn't exactly the same scenario now but it did bring some old memories before her eyes, she saw them rolling.. She leaned sideways and gazed at the mirror, hoping to get a good glance of him.. But Randhir kept adjusting the mirror so as to make sure she never managed to catch up with his eyes. His lips could lie, but his eyes couldn't, atleast not to her. Randhir had so many thoughts in his mind.. It could happen either way, the way he thought it would or the way he hoped it wouldn't. Either way, he just wanted to make sure that one thing never happened.. He never wanted her to get hurt, not even in the slightest way possible, not until he lived.
Sanyukta spotted the unusual silence that existed between them. It was only his bike, that did all the talking and he somehow managed to stay quiet. She moved a bit closer to him, hugged him from back, with both her hands, laid her head on his shoulder and smiled. Randhir could feel her lips taking an upper curve, above his shirt. He caught her glance sideways and called her "Sanyukta"
"Hmmm" she mumbled..
"Promise me something.. Will you?" he asked.. Sanyukta pulled herself back from him and said "Of course I will.. Tell me what it is"
Randhir brought his bike to a halt, by gently pressing the brakes and turned to look at her "Dont let that smile ever fade from your face.. Will you?" 
Sanyukta was surprised to hear him say that. He had been saying these sort of things very often quite lately. "Tell me.. Will you?" he asked again.. She put on a stern expression on her face "No Randhir I wont.. I promise" she whispered..
Randhir reached out for her face.. "When I said Ever, I meant EVER.. I dont find that smile now here" he pointed to her lips. She wore that smile yet again on her face and said "NEVER EVER" That smile gave him the much needed fuel within himself to go on, to face the world. He kick started his bike and it stopped only at the entrance of the CITY hospital.
Randhir and Sanyukta headed out to the hospital. Sanyukta seemed pretty shocked.. She kept asking him "Randhir why have we come to the hospital? Is everything okay? Please tell me damn it.. Is everything fine?" 
Randhir gazed through the parking space, while his eyes were fixed on a particular vehicle. He asked Sanyukta to calm down "Sanyukta.. Its just a normal visit.. I have my friend admitted here. So thought we should just check on him once. Thats it. Relax" he took her inside. When they reached the lobby, Randhir got a call. It read "Daemon calling" Randhir picked up at once "Hello.."
"Good boy.. So you are here.. Your task is half finished. I appreciate it. Anyways, just leave her over there and get inside the third room you find in the next right. I am waiting for you right there" Kishore said.
Randhir picked up a fast pace so that she couldn't hear what he was talking.. "Why should I leave her here? What are you upto?" he mumbled.
"Dont ask too many questions young boy.. Just get in.." He disconnected the call. Randhir was hell frustrated, still he didnt let his frustration show up on his face. 
"Randhir kya hua?" Sanyukta seemed concerned.
"Kuch nai..Tum yahi ruko.. Mein abhi aata hu.." Randhir convinced her..
She protested "Par kyun.. Mein bhi aungi tumhare saat.. Bas"
"Sanyukta.. Listen to me.. You trust me right?" he placed his hand below her chin and lifted it up. She nodded in a yes.
"Then stay right here.. I ll be right back" he said, making her sit in a chair over there and left for the place Kishore pointed out. Before he could turn right, he turned back and signalled her to wear a smile, she flashed out smiling. He smiled at her as well and faded into the right turn. That made her feel scared for a moment, but she recovered the very next moment "Nothing can go wrong with me.. My Randhir is right here.." she kept smiling.
When Randhir reached the room, Kishore was readily waiting for him. Randhir closed the door behind him carefully and walked upto him. "As you said I have got her over here, if you promise me, not to hurt her, there wouldn't be any problem. I will convince her to go with you myself. So far all I wanted to see was her smile, and now all I want to remember is her smile too" he looked down.. 
Kishore smiled.. "You may very well finish the sentence. All you wish to remember last is her smile too. Isnt it?" he made fun of him "Love and Bull shit, I just dont get whats there in it that people go crazy in love. Seriously you guys are very funny" he laughed again.
"Love is not something a brainless donkey can understand. So I dont expect you to understand love" Randhir fumed in anger, but just controlled his nerves at the right time "Anyways, just hand over the papers to me. I ll talk to her" 
"You are really funny.. You know that?" Kishore laughed again, this time, it didnt feel right to Randhir. "You think I am gonna get her without telling her your little secret? Oh thats wrong isn't it? I kept one secret away from her, and that costed me my daughter. Then how will I commit the same mistake again? I wouldnt do that. I want to be a responsible father. I want to tell my daughter that her classmate cum husband would be dead soon and she would again be just my daughter very soon. Yeah, she will find it hard at first, but then she ll deal with it. She is strong. After all, you made her strong and I thank you for that.." When Kishore finished Randhir's breath stopped for a while.
"What ...are... you.. going.. to.. do.. now?" Randhir yelled..
Kishore dialed a number and said "Do it..!" A screen opened before them in a flash. Randhir's eyes were fixed on the room that was visible the other side. He could see Sanyukta in there, the nurse and the doctor he was tending to. It was clearly evident that the people in the other room were not able to see/hear them, but Randhir could. Kishore had a calm expression on his face. Randhir turned to his side "What's thisssssss?" he squealed.
"So Randhir Singh Shekawat.. Are you ready? Of course you should be.. And here you go.. Now she will announce to Sanyukta that you have got the tumor up your brain. Just watch.. Watch your loved one break, right in front of your eyes. Witness your Sanyukta get shattered into pieces. That's the punishment I am giving you for interfering in my life" he said that and looked at Randhir with a damn expression on his face. 
The nurse spoke and the room froze.. "Sorry to say Sanyukta.. You have to be strong. This is a tough time but you have to live with it" 
Sanyukta's eyes opened wide.. "Whats happening?" she asked..
Kishore was happy that finally the moment he had been waiting for, has arrived. He took great pleasure in seeing his daughter get hurt. Such a psychopath he had become. The nurse announced.. "Your father has got both his kidneys damaged. He can barely live for a month or so. We are really sorry.."
The moment he heard that, Kishore had that look on his face, the one to watch out for. "What the hell is she saying?" he yelled at the screen. He heard someone giggling right behind his back, the giggles grew into laughter and that laughter into a much bigger one. No prizes for guessing, to whom that laughter belonged to. Yes, It was Randhir. "I can now understand the real meaning of being funny.. The look on your face says it all.. Man, seriously you look damn funny now" Randhir bursted out laughing..
Kishore turned to look at him.. Randhir gave him his usual smirk, but a naughty one this time "Hmmm Good show Mr. Agarwal. But I am sorry I had to shut it down. Brain tumor eh?" he giggled "No one can mess up my brain other than myself, hmm, and your daughter of course, definitely not some shitty disease.. You should have gone for something much better.. But yeah I do understand.. Your plans will be as flop as you yourself.. That's your standard.. I know and yeah by the way, Your Game is over" Randhir gave him his trademark smile, crossing his legs in a chair like a king, right infront of Kishore, who had now no ground below his feet "How on earth did he crack that?!?" He wondered.. 
TO BE CONTINUED.. I hope you guys liked the update of ABM today.. ❤️ Hope I didn't disappoint you guys.. Do let me know how you felt by leaving your heartfelt comments.. Love you all #Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment