Thursday 23 October 2014

NOT MEANT TO BE TOGETHER

Sanyukta's POV:

"This isn't my cup of tea, No not at all" I felt like screaming at the top of my voice, looking at the way I have been forced to dress.. Heavy Lehenga and all sorts of jewellery which my forefathers had once left for my family, totalling covering me. It was as if I have just been arrested for life. I so wished I could just get out of all this mess. As soon as Sameer's family went out of my sight, I quickly removed the 'Bahu Sanyukta' from me and got into 'The real Sanyukta' attire..

I was always wanted to do something new, I love to face challenges.. When I saw the announcement in the notice board, I knew what I have to do next.. In fact, my next task was to learn guitar. Competition had been announced, it will be organized in a 6 months time. They had given opportunity to everyone, so that even beginners like me can participate. For the past two days, I was searching like a maniac for an institution where I can learn guitar. Finally, found one very near to my house. Called them up and registered my name. I am on my way to Day 1 of my new found love, Guitar class.

When I entered the class, there were 11 students on the whole. Out of which 7 of them were guys. I was scanning the place, with my scanner eyes, it was one such beautiful place with lovely ambience. My eyes stopped when it landed on one particular guy, he was dressed in blue, slight beard, charming smile and killer eyes. He was talking to a fellow classmate, the moment I saw him, I was attracted to him. I just wished to get a seat near him.. I rushed to the place where he was standing and took a seat next to him.. He turned, without looking at me, went slowly and stood in the centre of the hall.

"So guys are we ready for the class? I am Randhir Singh Shekawat, your instructor. You can call me Randhir..  I will be handling your classes. I am really very happy to have you all here. Lets start with your introduction.. First person in the left corner of the first row, please start the proceedings.." he said and smiled. My heart skipped a beat. .. "God he is my instructor. How lucky Am I? I am sure its gonna be fun" My heart was excited.. I patted it a bit "Itni b exciting hone ki zaroorat nahi hai.. You are already engaged.. Mind you Sanyukta!"

I was admiring Randhir, with my mouth wide open.. He was looking so damn handsome.. I came to reality when someone patted on my shoulder.. "Miss, its your turn. Introduce yourself!" a guy by my side smiled.. "Oh haan.. Hi hello I am Sanyukta Agarwal, you can call me Sanyukta.. I am here to learn guitar. My aim is to take part in my college competition and give a tough fight to the others." I hurried.

Randhir smiled seeing her, once again.. "Interesting Sanyukta.. I like you. You would like to participate rather than winning.. Thats quite good.. Dont worry, I ll make sure you give a tough fight indeed"

There it started, the moment he said "I like you" I knew, this guy isnt just a passing cloud in my sky.. He was going to be my sky himself. I am not a person who believed in love at first sight, but that was history. Now, I have fallen for this guy.. Every passing day, my love for him grew by leaps and bounds.  He had some magic in his eyes, every time he looked at me, it made me blush, a feeling that I never experienced when Sameer was around.

The way he sits on the chair, holds his guitar, his fingers that dances on the chords, his voice when he sings closing his eyes, every damn thing increased the respect and love I had for him.. When he sings, it was as if he was singing for me. Every time, he would come near me, I deliberately used to play it wrong. The moment my wrong tune, murders his ears, he would turn by my side, hold my hand with his right and my guitar with his left and enclose me in a virtual hug. I would look at him, but he would still focus on the chords of my guitar. This doubled my respect for him. If he would do this everyday, I can pretend to be his weak student all my life.

Days passed, he became a very good friend of mine.. After all, I was his best 'weak' student, the amount of time he spent on me is doubled to the amount of time he spent on others. Randhir used to maintain a safe distance even when he sits by my side, as if he had calculated it. He was such a fun loving guy.. He used to make me laugh my heart out.. I forget this world and others whenever he was around, such was his dominance on me.

Drew talks to me, I laugh 'cause it's so damn funny
That I can't even see anyone when he's with me

Drew walks by me, can he tell that I can't breathe?
And there he goes, so perfectly.

He very well knew, I was in love with him.. I knew he was liking me as well.. He did everything that I had expected my life partner to do..  He is my best friend now with whom I can share anything and everything in this world. He is a great listener. He would listen to every single thing with so much of patience, with his eyes fixed on me. My guitar classes were going great, I learnt it so quickly, all thanks to Randhir. No girl would ever be able to concentrate had he been around, and teaching them the way he did but I somehow managed to learn amongst his distractions. Randhir was more excited in the competition than me... He so desperately wanted to see me play my guitar, in front of a big crowd.

It was my last day in Guitar class, he was alone with me, in the classroom.. I asked him his preferences about his life partner, he said "I am really lucky, I have her with me all the time.. Sanyukta(he turned to face me) I love her so much.. I am afraid she might cut my friendship off if I propose her.. Still I have to do it, coz I cant lose her.  She is right now into an unwanted and hopeless relationship(he turned to face me again) I want to help her come out of it, coz I know she would never be happy in it.. I am just hoping I would gather all the courage to tell her soon.. Tum samaj rahi ho na?" he asked me..

Tabhi samaj gayi mein.. He was referring to me.. He knew very well, that I am engaged to Sameer. He also knew that I wasnt happy in it. I felt guilty. I shouldnt be doing this to him.. How Can I forget I am already engaged?? I stood up, looked at him, he was still looking at the place I was sitting.. I left the place with tears on my eyes.

He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right,
I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night

All night, I kept thinking about him.. I asked myself two questions, if the answers to both of them were Yes then I should forget him.. If the answers were No, then... Okay, let me do it...

Am I in love with Sameer? : NO

Can I live without Randhir?: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I immediately took my phone out and dialled his number.. After a single ring, he picked up.. "Hello.."

"Randhir... I want you to come to my college tomorrow.. You have a surprise.." I said, breathing heavily..

"Surprise? I was waiting for it Sanyukta.. I knew you would call me up.. Thanks a lot.." he replied.. His tone, made her realize how excited he was. He continued " I have a surprise for you as well.. Finally I am gonna do it.. " my heart skipped a beat when he said that.. He is going to propose me as well tomorrow.. Wow, I mean Woooowww.. I told him quickly " I ll be waiting for it as well Randhir.. See you tomorrow" and hung up immediately. Had he stayed on the call for a minute more, I would have ended up proposing then and there. I wanted to do it in a special way.. I would dedicate my song to him, I had been practicing so hard.. Genre, was  Sad but its okay if I lose, I am gonna propose him through my song, I had decided.

Next day, I dressed as if it was my marriage, applied extra make up, straightened my hair, I had to look special. After all, it was my day.. I had reserved a seat for Randhir in the very first row, I wanted him to look at me all the time while I was performing. Everybody played their songs, none went into my ears, I was badly searching for my Randhir.. He had sent me a text that he would reach in ten minutes. My performance was about to start in 15 mins. I had 5 mins of extra time, to drool over him, I blushed.

Finally, my eyes caught him.. He came all the way walking very slowly, he was very calculative even while walking, I thought.. Randhir was looking so dashing today, he was wearing the same blue tshirt, the one he was wearing when I met him for the first time. This guy remembers everything, he is so adorable. I was busy adoring him, that I even missed to witness a girl walking by his side, holding his hands. "Who is she? Why is she holding my Randhir's hands?" I started to panic. At the same time, someone announced "Next is Sanyukta Agarwal, third year Mechanical Engineering" my friend pushed me onto the stage. I stumbled and almost fell down, but my eyes still fixed on her. Randhir didnt look at me, he whispered something in her ears, her face brightened, she waved her hands towards me and flashed out a smile. She showed me her ring finger, pointed me her ring and kissed Randhir.. He blushed.. I was torn, totally ripped apart.. I made my way slowly to the centre, Randhir and the unknown girl who appeared to be his girlfriend, took a seat in the front row.

I pulled out my guitar, my fingers were out of my control.. I start to play my guitar, looking at my Randhir, who was smiling at me.

                               
Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see
That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be
I ll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about,
And she's got everything that I have to live without.

               
He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do

 He's the time taken up, but there's never enough
 And he's all that I need to fall into.

 Tears rolling down my cheeks, but it didnt move Randhir.. His expression never changed.. He was all smiling even after witnessing my tears. I cant even force my heart to hate this guy.. Once I finished,  I ran away from the stage, I couldnt take it anymore. Randhir and others gave me a standing ovation.. When I left the stage, I looked at him from the corner of my eye, he was still smiling..

I was shattered all over, my heart was in pieces when I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was, her. She told me something which I never expected, not in my wildest dreams.. "Randhir has said a lot about you. I so wanted to meet you. Hence, I couldnt hold myself from meeting you. Thanks a lot for being around my Randhir.. We were so in love with each other but my parents forced me into a marriage that I was never going to be happy in.. But I couldnt force myself to love someone else other than my Randhir, hence I broke my engagement.. He used to tell me how you used to be with him as a friend.. Thanks a lot.. My parents might hate him today coz he is BLIND but one day they ll come to know that nobody can match him and his love.. Thanks once again Sanyukta!" she left..

I was shaken up totally, Was Randhir Blind? Now I know the reason behind his calculated moves, the reason why he looked into my eyes, the reason why he always fixed his gaze on me while talking.. He was never in love with me.. She deserved him more.. May be we were NOT MEANT TO BE together..

                               
So I drive home alone.
As I turn out the light
I ll put his picture down
 And maybe get some sleep tonight.

I am still proud of my love.. I loved him, I am loving him and will love him forever, I fell asleep with tears kissing my cheeks!!

Har love story ka happy ending nahi hota.. Aur Sachi love me Kabhi failure hi nai hota.. !

Hope you guys loved it! Do leave your precious comments! Love you all 😘 #Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment