Saturday 27 September 2014

Always Be Mine - Part 37

Part 37:

Prof.Vardhan coughed a bit, and started to talk slowly.. "Team, I hope you all must be wondering why we have assembled here. Its of course for our next Dream Team task.. But, with a twist.. In exactly 30 minutes, we ll have a group of representatives from top companies visiting us. They would like to see how equipped my team is. I trust my team but they need proof.. A live demo..Woh engine dekh rahe hai tum log? " he pointed his finger towards the engine that was placed in a table in the centre. All the eyes fell on the machine.. It  was a gigantic engine, but looked damn attractive. Sanyukta thought, It must  be one of the engine made by one of the best engineers. She loved the machine at the sight of it. Her eyes clearly depicting the love she had for machines. Randhir stole a glance to look at her and as he expected she was admiring the machine. He smiled gently "Farzi mujhse zyada pyar machines se karti hai" he whispered

Prof. Vardhan turned to face his team, and continued " Yeh engine faulty hai.. You guys need to fix it in exactly 60 mins.. Your time will start once they come.. They ll be here any minute. So twist abhi baaki hai guys.. I need only 6 of them to do this task. I already have chosen 5 of them, Parth Jignesh Vidushi Kaustuki and Sahil.. 6th member position abhi kaali hai.. Now my 5 member team will decide who ll be there 6th partner.. It can either be Sanyukta or Randhir. We ll have a polling done, choose your pick wisely." That was the catch.. Randhir instantly understood what Vardhan sir was trying to do. He had given Sanyukta the worst punishment ever, even worse was his's.

To keep someone away from what they love is something that is well enough to shatter a person into pieces.. He was exactly doing that to Sanyukta. He knew she loved machines more than anyone else, thats the reason he chose this way to punish her. For Randhir, to see his Sanyukta shattered cannot match any other pain in the world. Vardhan sir, had cornered them both with this weird punishment. Sanyukta seemed shattered already, she knew something bad was going to happen.

Vardhan sir proceeded, "Guys I ll take your name, and you ll cast your vote.. So if you guys are ready, we will proceed.." Randhir felt helpless, he hated the fact that he couldnt do anything to stop Vardhan sir. He was handicapped.

Prof. Vardhan called out " Parth.. Your choice"

Parth looked at them both. Sanyukta's eyes were already moist. She was literally wishing he would take her name, so was Randhir. Parth knew it had to be a harsh decision, being friends with both Sanyukta and Randhir, he could not choose one. Both of them were talented. Still, considering the team's situation he chose to go with Randhir, the best player of the team.. He slowly said "Randhir!"

Randhir screamed out loud "Parth pagal ho gaye ho kya? Mera naam kyun le raha hai tu?"

Vardhan sir raised his voice "Randhir you are allowed to talk only when its ur turn. Now please let me do my work" and that silenced Randhir.

Prof.Vardhan looked at Vidushi.. She did not even need a second to think. She quickly said "Randhir!" It wasnt because she had thought about the betterment of the team, it was simply because she hated Sanyukta. Randhir was continously staring at Jiggy and signalled him to take Sanyukta's name. As usual, Jiggy was a confused soul. He instanly said "Randhir Bhai.." Kaustuki was the only soul to take Sanyukta's name. When it came upto Sahil, he at once said "Sir my vote goes to Randhir.. He is the best. I agree Sanyukta is good but Randhir is the best. Had it been anybody else, I would have definitely chosen Sanyukta. But when it comes to Randhir, I would always go with him.."

"So guys its decided..Majority of my team is with Randhir.. its 4:1 ratio.. So the clear winner is Randhir Singh Shekawat! Congrats Randhir.. Please join your team. The representatives will be here any moment now. Sanyukta, please go and sit in the corner table. You can watch all the happenings here but unfortunately cannot be a part of it" Vardhan declared

Sanyukta could not control her tears anymore. The person, she had admired so far, was trying to destroy her dream. What kind of a punishment it is? He cannot do this with me.. He cannot.. Sanyukta fell down on her knees, she burst out crying.. Randhir went near her, he made her get up and said "Tum kyun ro rahi ho? Rona band karo.." he turned towards Vardhan sir and said "Sir, Aap yeh faltu ka voting nahi kar sakte hai.. I can bet that I will fix this engine within 30 mins, or even lesser than that. So you should consider my vote, equivalent to this 5.. These people can never match my Sanyukta, I mean Sanyukta any day, not even in their dreams. She is by far the best engineer I have ever seen.. My vote goes to SANYUKTA.. I am stepping out. She ll fix this engine in 20 mins. I am betting my life on it"

When Randhir finished, Sanyukta felt so proud. For Sanyukta, Randhir was her inspiration. He was the Best Engineer she had ever seen. To hear those words from him, was so soothing for her soul. She glanced at him, with her eyes still moist.. There he was, as promised standing up for her. He would be by her side, no matter what. " YOU ARE THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME RANDHIR.. YOU ARE THE BEST.. I LOVE YOU" Sanyukta thought..

Vardhan took over, "Randhir its my team and my decision will be final. You are the 6th member of this task. I dont want any arguments. Else, both of you will be sent home. Its not your damn house, its my college, my team, my rules!"

Just as when he was screaming at the top of his voice, all the representatives entered the lab one by one. Prof. Vardhan went out to receive them. Randhir was still glancing at his Sanyukta, helplessly. Sanyukta came near Randhir, held his hand, and said in a feeble voice "Randhir please.. Be a part of the team. I dont want our team to lose in this task. This is important. Its our college reputation that is at stake. Mein nahi hun toh kya hua, you are there na.. Its more than enough for me. Mein wahi baitungi, aur tumhe dekhti rahungi. I want you to make me feel proud.. Will you?" She asked

Randhir released his hand from her clutch, gave her a slight nod. By the time, all the representatives had taken their positions. Randhir joined his team, he wasnt interested at all, but he had to, his Sanyukta had asked him to do so, atleast for her, he had to do it.

Sanyukta smiled at him, turned and made her way to the corner table.. She felt as if she was going away from her dream, her passion, her Engineering... Something pricked her heart, and the pain was unbearable. She didnt even know how she reached the table, she threw herself in it, completely lost, her eyes wet.. Randhir was witnessing everything, he felt the pain more than her. It crushed him inside.

He wouldnt have given a damn had that punishment been forced on him. It would have been just another task for him. But now, seeing his Sanyukta in pain, his heart shattered into million pieces.

Randhir's eyes were still fixed on his Sanyukta, who was now staring at a blank space. Prof.Vardhan announced.. "Team, your time starts NOW"

No comments:

Post a Comment